10/30/2017

He's So Fine

How many women wish that once in their life they got to date that hunk that looks like the guy that walked across the beach on one of the episodes of Bay Watch?  I was tired of the blonde bombshells
and the brunettes with the bodies that looked like that spent every waking moment at the gym between eating carrot sticks and protein bars hanging on their arms of these guys. Or pretending there was a shark in their vicinity when they weren’t fake drowning getting the macho men!  I was going to land one if it killed me before I died.

So several years ago, in one of my single periods, across the multitude of nameless faces, I spotted my prey. He was looker alighty but has to rename nameless, maybe more for his protection than mine. Plus, well I will get to that later.  At the time, I simply thought for months, out of reach, not in my league however, I did feel the woman he was with was not up to snuff. How can you not evaluate the women these guys are with? I found myself sinking to that low I accuse others of doing, women cat-nipping each other.

So, I eyed him, discreetly at first, than openly hoping to catch his eye. Over time, I did and flashed my dazzling smile. Okay, that may be stretching it abit but hey, my smile was really stretched large for his benefit. With large dark brown eyes, strong shoulders, beautiful thick brown hair, and a thin trimmed beard to match, he was hot.  His body build was too. When he walked in the room, even the men took a side eye, sorta glaring at him as their wives and girlfriends stopped listening to their idle chatter. 

He began smiling back at me which I saw as encouragement to begin plotting my web of capturing him in a lovefest!  How to begin with a person out of my reach?  Could it materialize?  I knew his parents so I   worked on becoming closer to them, that part was easier because I adored them and they began to feel the same about me. I was invited, over time to their home and to home parties.  Eventually, lo and behold, who should be there, surprise, but he. Imagine my surprise, him and I in their beautiful luxurious home at the same time? Wow, what a coincidence! Imagine my acting skills playing that one off? 

As we began chatting at their home at a party, and I was internally monitoring my heart rate, I mentioned how difficult it was, at times to reach his mother. Looking back, how transparent is that?  Knowing he worked at the same company as his mother, he offered his phone number letting me know he could reach her if I couldn’t. When he flashed his smiles at me during that conversation, I was so glad my friend was next to me so I didn’t fall back leaving her to swoop me back off the floor. If it had stopped there, I think I would have been satisfied.

I left that party, two weeks before Christmas happy. Two weeks later my phone rang. I answered it and Mr. I –Want-Under-My-Christmas-Tree was on the line. I counted to 10, then asked if he could hang on a minute and put the phone down. I then made a mad dash around the house two times while my kids asked me if I had to pee. This was simply to calm my nerves as the hot looking male model was on the telephone talking to me. Hell, it could be accidental but my hormones were in overdrive! I was ready to dump the guy I was dating and hadn’t even picked back up the phone!

When I did, we chatted. He wished me a wonderful holiday and asked if he could call on me after the holidays. I nearly pulled the phone cord out of the wall!  And thus began my several months of dating the guy on my wish list and the best and sometimes worst experience of dating.

What I learned from Mr. I Am So Hot is he did not know how to treat a lady because he didn’t have to. Women were so ingratiated by being with him that little was expected of him. Oh, that would not do for me and I let him know. For some reason, he actually liked this and found it amusing. Simple things like, calling in advance of showing up when I was a single mother with two children. Imagine my surprise when I am going over homework with my kids and he shows up with pizza at 8:30 p.m. at night when it is bathtub thinking he is super cool to my kids? It was clear he was not daddy material.

Okay, I will say it because everyone wants to know, at least the women so I will satisfy your curiosity, yes it was great.  Don’t pretend not to know what I am talking about. If you don’t, well I can’t help you there!  And yes, he taught me more than anyone in my life. I am going to go out on the line and assume it is because he had so much of it. With looks like that, I don’t think getting it was hard for him. So it was definitely a graduate level class for me that I enjoyed taking!  However, in time, his ideas got weirder and weirder, way outside just about anyone’s comfort zone I know. So NO became a normal response! Or, “What the hell?”

The other thing about good looking guys I learned is they can get by with an awful lot solely on their looks. It is funny to me that his mother told me this. She told me that I would find he lacks common sense. She was right. He also lacked any kind of sense, he was just plain odd. I had a hard time following him when we got into any kind of in-depth conversation. And for my part, if I discussed anything remotely complicated, such as politics, attitudes towards education, etc..he got lost. His statements back made positively no sense. I began to think it was pointless to have any discussion with him beyond where we were going to eat, what we were going to do and what his latest greatest new invention was going to be.

 Oh, did I not mention he was into an Inventors Club and constantly creating ideas.  This was a “secret.”  A club that was supposedly “confidential” as their inventions were to be pattoned thus shared only with members. I was to feel privileged because he would share them with me. God were some of these the most useless things imaginable. At least though the other guys created them, my dude just talked about them and did nothing with them.
Eventually Mr. Hot-To-Trot got so comfortable with me and turned on by inventions he started talking about them during sex. At that point, I asked my close friend for advice, “How do you get a guy to shut up during sex?” Her advice, “Put a bag over his head!”  I said “But he is good looking.”  She suggested duct tape. I asked him the next time I saw him if there were any inventors working with new taping products we could try out as something kinky fulling intending on using it on his mouth. No luck.

Eventually I learned he had another woman on the side. I was hurt, disappointed and relieved at the same time. A voice message was left on my recorder by the woman screaming at me that she had found out about me and that if I really didn’t love him, please back out of his life so she could have him all to herself. Far be it from me to stand in the way of true love.

He seemed far more bothered about this than me, calling me for weeks on end to reconsider. He swore he could see me discreetly without her knowledge. I pointed out of course he could, he had apparently been doing that for some time, according to her message. Oh, her second message apologized for the first, crying and saying it was fine to see him. She was so kooky I determined they were actually well matched, much better than he and I. Why should I stand in the way of progress anyways.


I am glad at age 57 dating some hot chick magnet is not on my Bucket List. It is not all it is cut out to be by any stretch. Being vain is not really all that fun to be around, it wears thin pretty quickly and leaves the other person either feeling empty or like me,  laughing a lot behind the scenes. His looks began to look a lot less hot. Oh, you will overlook so much for some guy that is just smokin' that it begins to be hysterical!  I really found myself laughing right infront of him. I look back and am amazed he liked me more because of it!  What was wrong with him, he should have been insulted. I told him right to his face.  What a dufus! 

The song “He’s So Fine” doesn't  apply to him anymore. Sad to say, his looks are long gone. He can't rely on them anymore. I am told he looks now like a hobo. Perhaps he never did come up with that wonderful invention he always dreamed of creating. He was too busy  and should have concentrated on  it instead of landing his next prey. Do-lang, do-lang, do-lang

Sister Bonds

  Having spent some time recently with my older sister, it reminded me of so many shared moments in our youth.   Those years were some of th...