- Never believe something that sounds fishy. Some people tell you what you want to hear because they think you are gullible. Don’t be. Only a blind man misses red flags.
- Don’t use being busy as an excuse not to reach out to say hello to those that matter. When they are gone, you won’t hear them say “It’s good to hear your voice” or read “Thanks for reaching out. “
- Use laughter as self-therapy. It doesn’t require filing a claim, setting an appointment and sets an excellent example to those around you. And, as Milton Berle says “It’s an instant vacation.”
- Quit using the phrase “It’s on my bucket list” and just start doing that shit! What the hell are you waiting for? Leaving the money to your kids won’t work. They aren’t interesting in doing the things on your list.
- Money won’t make you happy. Pick goals that are rooted in friendship, growth and love. If you don’t know what those are read and ask someone older. They have gone through the hard knock school of life, the best class there is.
- Your legacy is the lives you touch, every day. It does not have to be simply those in your inner circle; it can be the smiles you give strangers. Kindness to others is the best verbiage you can leave on your tombstone.
- Jesus had a short time on earth. Perhaps that is why he only had 12 disciples. We have an extended time. Make the most of yours to be a disciple of Christ by how you live your life. Walk into the light and guide others towards it.