8/12/2019

Darlin'


There are notes from darling and darling notes from darlin’. Both hit me in the heart. My husband’s notes are few and far between because men are like that. Short on words but big on actions. But granddaughters, they put their feelings right out there to their grandmas and my Ava is no exception! Priceless are her notes.

As I look through my keepsake collections, one thing that keeps reappearing are some of the notes throughout the years from Ava. Her well-crafted messages with heartfelt statements in her own handwriting are beautiful pieces of literature to me. Each with a special memory attached.

They started from the day she could write and the first few are barely legible but to me it is a strong reminder the bond between us was already concrete in its foundation.  As soon as Ava could express I love you, I heard it verbally and then later, in writing as if to solidify it. She wanted to be certain, when she wasn’t near me, I never forgot it.

The messages from my granddaughter are on coloring pages, painted pictures, birthday
cards, handmade pictures and even scraps of paper. One of my all-time favorites is the one she left at our home in Florida on her last visit.  She wrote it on a cute notepad I keep for decoration in the bedroom she and her brother slept in while they visited. I came back home, after driving her back to Tennessee, to find the note in the bedroom  telling me she was sorry she had to leave now with a sad face drawn. She said she missed me already and that she would hurry back and loved me very much. And then it is followed by all those stars and exclamation points kids are notorious for putting on the end of everything for added emphasis. She hasn't been back to visit since but the note is here and perhaps that is all that matters.  That piece of Ava is priceless! Just darling from sweet precious one-of-a-kind Ava.

May you find the short sweet notes written in love from a spouse, grandchildren or a friend a great reminder to you of how you are bringing sunshine to someone’s life and more importantly, the blessing they bring to yours!!!⭐⭐⭐!!!🌟🌟🌟


Sister Bonds

  Having spent some time recently with my older sister, it reminded me of so many shared moments in our youth.   Those years were some of th...