12/28/2018

Community Christmas Home Tour

The community I live in does a Christmas Home Tour every year. This is the first year I have
attended. This being my 3rd Christmas here in Florida, I admit I was excited to finally attend.

The idea of people opening their homes to let others walk through them to see their decorations for Christmas seems stressful to me. It is a great deal of work. In addition to excessive decorations, it also requires quite a bit of cleaning and planning.

It was so impressive to see the personality of each home we went through reflected in their Christmas tree, and in many cases, multiple trees. The style of decorating was as unique as the host and hostesses were and each home owner was as personable as the next. There were stories to be told about so many of the items in their homes, how they came to be, where they came from, who made them, etc...

As I toured each home, I tried to catch a few pictures here and there.  I decided, after reviewing them,  to put together a video to share some of the sights with my followers on my blog. It truly was inspiring to see their homes.

May you be inspired to open your homes and your hearts in 2019 to those you know and perhaps to even a few strangers and let your light shine in their lives.  Happy New Year!  Click for Video




Sister Bonds

  Having spent some time recently with my older sister, it reminded me of so many shared moments in our youth.   Those years were some of th...